Welcome to our Juniors’ Section, come and join us
Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs has recognised Rossendale Golf Club as having “the best Junior Section” throughout the whole of Lancashire. In the last season (2017) four of the Juniors represented Lancashire; for two years consecutively the junior team have represented Lancashire at the England Golf Junior Club of the Year Championships at Woodhall Spa, the home of England golf. This is a real measure of success of our Junior Section.
If you have a young child who you would like to see succeed in a fascinating sport, then join them to Rossendale and watch as they progress at their own pace working with excellent coaches to develop their game. We create opportunities for young people of any age, gender or background to participate in golf in a safe and friendly environment.
What do we offer junior members?
In a nutshell look at the benefits below
- Our fees are very competitive
- There are structured coaching sessions throughout the year both on the course and at Rossendale Driving Range
- Golf rules session to help understand the basics before playing
- Fortnightly Competitions – reserved tees for competitions and social play
- Help to achieve a handicap
- Junior Team membership (Playing in the Blackburn League and the Bury league) for the really competitive
- A Junior summer tour in the Scottish Borders for players and family members
- Social Golf with friends and family
- A safe and secure environment (see our Safeguarding and Junior Policies in the Governance Section)
If you join our Junior Section you will enjoy meeting new friends, being in the fresh air and feeling healthy. You could be another one of our successes, who knows you could be a champion in the making.
This section is under review
For further information contact the Club or email email@example.com
Learning to play and coaching
Learn to play: We offer a try golf programme for juniors for very young golfers starting out in the game. They will learn skills to gain the Golf Foundation junior passport to support progress.
Golf Mark Award
We have held the prestigious Golf Mark award since 2010 and were re-awarded in 2017. This illustrates the success of the club at safeguarding and encouraging young children and people. We also have a Safeguarding officer if you have any concerns, this is Bev Dodd.
Chair & Team Manager: Derek Cropper (pictured above)
Development & Welfare Officer: Bev Dodd
Secretary: Steve Bolton
Competitions: Peter Lord
Treasurer: Andy Nicholls
Parent Representative: Ross Erwin
Junior Captain: Sam Bailey
Email & Address:
Ewood Lane Head